Sunday, September 30, 2007

St. Therese

Well, The Little Flower's feast day is tomorrow, don't forget! I will be traveling out of town for my
job, so I hope I can find someplace to attend Mass. And on top of that St . Mother Theodore Guerin's feast day is Wednesday, and I will be away for that too. Sigh.

Oops, and please don't be offended, dear guardian Angel, you know I never forget about you! (October 2nd, I am sure you know).

September the 19th our parish had a lovely Mass in honor of St. Mother Theodore (or St. Theodora Guerin, if you insist--but she will always be Mother Theodore to me). We had a statue installed in our garden, and Archbishop Buechlein came down to celebrate Mass. St. Joseph's in Terre Haute, Indiana (my very own parish), was the first place Mother stopped at the end of her journey--to assist at Mass, before continuing on to the woods across the river that was to become St. Mary's of the Woods and the Motherhouse of the Sisters of Providence in the U.S. So she is very special to us. I was off at work on that day too, but was very much there in spirit!

No comments: