Friday, November 16, 2007

A Beautiful Prayer of St. Gertrude the Great



Olive Tree of Mercy




O Olive tree of mercy! Hail Mary, Mother of God. Hail Mary, Queen of
Kindness, and Olive Tree of Mercy, from whom the remedy of life came to
us.


Since, by your Son, you became the true Mother of all mankind,
now for the sake of His love, keep me in your motherly love, despite my
unworthiness. Help me to believe! Preserve and strengthen my faith.


Grant me your care in this life, and receive me with the plenitude of your motherhood at the hour of my death.
Amen.
--Saint Gertrude the Great.

I like this especially, because of the wonderful image of Mary as the Olive Tree of Mercy. Such a strong and enduring source, from whom so much life and healing richness flows!! May I rest beneath her branches, nourished by her goodness, all the days of my life. And I pray the same for you.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: