Friday, November 16, 2007

Irish Dilemna over Stricter Breathalyzer tests

an interesting article in the Times Online
discusses how new, stricter blood alcohol levels could result in priests being convicted of drunk driving as they have to travel from parish to parish to say Mass. Now here is a problem that never occurred to me.

What I found most interesting however, was the lengthy comments section following the article. Seldom have so many been so confused, I think. It also saddens me to see such unapologetic Catholic bashing, and ridiculing of Our Lord's Presence in the Holy Eucharist.

It gives me a whole new feeling for the first Friday devotion, which I'd like to do, but always seem to have an excuse out of. Maybe not now. I almost felt as is some people were literally spitting on Him.

"Oh, Jesus, in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar, I adore You!"

"Oh Sacrament Most Holy, Oh Sacrament Divine, all praise and all thanksgiving be every moment Thine!"

There. Now I feel a little bit better.



Here is another article in a German publication on the same issue:
Proposal Could Tip Irish Priests Over Legal Limit


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: